Monday, April 12, 2010

Mads is 7 months old and a post is long overdue

Mads is officially 7 months old, which means I am a momma to a 7 month old.  This makes me thrilled and very sad at the same time.  I was warned that it goes fast, but holy cow!!


Maddie's 1st Christmas-hanging out with her Grandpap, Papa and Nana
December 2010


Mad's 1st time eating solids-January 2010
PS it has gotten much easier, so easy the kid doesn't want to drink her formula at all anymore!


Mads and daddy on his Birthday! I think we have a daddy's girl on our hands!
February 2010
 
Mid-February we went on Mad's 1st trip to FL to see her Yai and Papa Jack.   This was also her 1st plane ride! Here she is with Yai watching her 1st FL sunset.

 
She decided to take a nap while we were walking Duval St in Key West. She was not impressed with the craziness, she is after all a Kerlin-Carpenter
Mad Baby and I on my birthday.  Patrick arranged a spa weekend in Asheville at the Grove Park Inn.
One of my best birthdays so far and my 1st with my little family.
March 2010

Mads absolutely loves the swings!


Scooter is Maddie's best friend.  If you see Mads, you will find Scooter.

Mads has no interest in crawling and would rather be standing or sitting.

Like I said, she is a daddy's girl!

Patrick's 1st Tri of the 2010 season.
Swim Daddy Swim
Bike Daddy Bike
Run Daddy Run


Maddie's 1st  Easter
April 2010





I was reading a blog the other day and found this post and I couldn't have said it any better. 

"This is my life.

Seconds,
minutes,
hours,
days,
weeks,
years...

I can't imagine a better way to spend them.
I love this life...
this life as mom and a wife.

No one said it would be easy.

But no one told me that I'd forever wonder...
"How can it get better than this?"

No one told me that I would want a toddler around for the rest of my life.
No one told me that I'd wipe away tears everytime I'd open a photo album.
Or that I dare not even watch a home video...without having to leave the room to regain composure.
No one told me that I'd reminisce with a close friend every chance we got about the early days of motherhood and how we want them back.
No one told me that.... I'd panic with the thought of fleeting fertility.
No one told me that one day I'd be the one writing letters to moms in the harried days of little ones saying, "Hold onto it with all your might, don't worry about a thing...these are the precious days before you have to let the world in."
No one told me that once I became mother everything else in life I'd ever do would be insignificant in comparison.

No one told me that I'd never ever want these days to end."

So, that is what has been going on in a nutshell for the last few months.  I couldn't imagine another life, even though at times all I want is a little more sleep and a little more "me" time.  
This is my life.
This is our life. 
I am truly blessed. 






1 comment:

  1. Make sure you click "Read More" the post is longer than the allotted space.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers