Things I have learned as a new mommy and questions
I ask myself daily
(or things I have re-learned as a human being or things that are now really and I mean really stuck in my brain)
- Sometimes less is more
- That I have no problem making funny faces, noises or cooing in public
- To respect and sympathize with another parent with a screaming child or a child having a tantrum in a public place. I realize now that even when there are good parents there are still crying children who you can not reason with
- Which leads me to..I never thought I would reason with something that weighed only 8 lbs.
- I can do a lot of things with just one hand while successfully holding a child in the other
- That the sight of a toothless grin would make me melt
- That this is not my life with a newborn, it is a whole new life with a new beginning
- That I could cry at the drop of a hat-especially when I think about her turning towards my voice when she needs comfort at the Dr’s office or looks into my eyes while I feed her...that by the grace of God my husband and I have been able to create a new life
- My child has further cemented my belief that all people who deserve children should be given the opportunity to be parents if they so choose
- I believe in miracles.
- That I can create a song with my child’s name in it at a given time
- That I can turn any song into a song including my child’s name..and yes I mean ANY song!
- What are my beliefs? What do I really believe? How can I teach my child to understand her own thoughts and consciousness?
- Love can change by the minute.
- That I am a very emotional and sappy person
- I can spend hours doing the same thing over and over again if it makes my child happy
- That infants send emotional cues and I need to learn how to read them and adjust..my child has reminded me that this is true for “big” people too
- I can survive on only a few hours sleep and then do it again and again and again
- To rely on my mommy friends. They are warriors!
- That I need to ask for help when I need it. The only superheroes I know are fictitious.
- That giving birth to a child is not the only thing that makes you a mother.
- That I have never seen toes and fingers so cute in my entire life!
- That friends may come and go but those that really matter will make an effort.
- My child has helped me remember to be emotionally happy I need to do more things for myself even simple things like taking walks in the sunshine for no reason.
- My child has taught me that there is a whole new world to explore and discover. It is my job to make sure I teach her everything I can..after all she has never seen trees, flowers, the ocean or the world before and she needs to be introduced.
- That sarcasm should be a virture
- I worry about her future more than I do my own
- That I wish I could do more to ensure that my child has a clean and safe world to live in as she ages.
- That there is ALWAYS a pattern in life. We create our own rituals from how we go to sleep at night to how we live our life on a daily basis.
- I have 100% faith that if my child and a linebacker from the Steelers were in a farting or burping contest..my newborn would win.
- Love like I have never known. I only thought I knew what true love was before I met my child. She has opened my eyes to what love really is and in turn has made me love my husband more and in a different way. She has taught me to love my parents in a new light. She has taught me to love in a way that I can never explain.
- Am I teaching her about life or is she teaching me?
and the lessons keep coming.......


Those greatest of the greatest in literature past could not have written or expressed any of this in the expletive and gracious manner as you have.
ReplyDelete