This past year we found out I was preggers (on Jan 4 so Happy new Year to us!), we both worked our tails off, I spent the summer preggers which wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, Pat raced in 5 triathalons, I was preggers, Pat was promoted, oh and did I mention I was preggers?
The end of the year found me knee deep in the throes of motherhood and Pat wondering how it all happened so fast— the first few weeks of sleepless nights, feeding our baby every three hours, devoting every waking second to a sometimes demanding infant. It’s in that first few months of motherhood (and I am sure beyond) when you realize that simple things like grocery shopping will become a chore and that you will never pee alone EVER again.
2009 also brought me closer to my family and closer to old friends whom as the saying goes are the best. Mads has helped me understand even more so what truly matters in life. The year also brought some sadness as we lost our Beaner Baby to cancer shortly before Thanksgiving. I am so thankful that Madeleine was able to meet him even if it was for a short time. Our fur babies are a huge part of our life and those close to us know how true that is.
2009 also brought me closer to my family and closer to old friends whom as the saying goes are the best. Mads has helped me understand even more so what truly matters in life. The year also brought some sadness as we lost our Beaner Baby to cancer shortly before Thanksgiving. I am so thankful that Madeleine was able to meet him even if it was for a short time. Our fur babies are a huge part of our life and those close to us know how true that is.
2009 found me deeply in love — with my husband and with our little girl who has totally captured our hearts. It’s huge love! A love that can never be explained even though I try all the time. I always asked friends with children to explain life with children and the one constant was "You can't understand until you have one of your own" and that is so true.
Madeleine has only been in our life for 4 months, but she has somehow made us forget the last *AHEM* years before her :)
This past year went by too fast! The year began with just Patrick and I, a newly married couple and ended with a wiggly, big-eyed, gorgeous, smiley three month old.
Mads’ Goals for 2010
-
Start solid foods
- Start to form words
- Learn crawl/walk/stand
- Learn how to swim
- Help Mama &Daddy decide if they want to give me a baby brother or sister




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.